Rice With Rabbit
- 1 kg of rabbit.
- 2 tender artichokes.
- 1 small bottle of mushrooms.
- 1 medium onion.
- 2 ripe tomatoes.
- 1 large red pepper.
- Glass of olive oil.
- 1 small garlic head.
- A few strands of dry saffron.
- 400 g of rice.
- The pan or clay casserole with oil is alive. The garlic head and pepper are put in strips until it is fried, and it is stored, leaving the garlic head in oil without burning. The onion is sliced and browned, adding the rabbit cut into medium slices previously salted with salt. In a pot, boil the artichokes with water and salt for 4 or 5 minutes. Before this we will have them cleaned from the hard leaves and the tips and we will cut them into pieces.
- When the rabbit begins to brown it is added grated tomatoes, mushrooms and artichokes; When the tomato begins to be thick, add half a liter of broth or hot water and let it cook over low heat until the rabbit is sufficiently cooked and the broth has disappeared almost entirely.
- Half an hour before the time it is served, the garlic head is removed and the rice is poured, along with broth or hot water (always double volume of liquid than rice), with the pan in full heat; Add the saffron and two or three cloves of garlic chopped in the mortar dissolved in a little broth and adding salt if we see that the stew of the paella need it.
- Cook in a hot fire for the first 15 minutes and place the pepper strips on top, continuing to cook about five minutes longer on a softer fire.